Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am Thankful For

So, I told myself I wasn't going to do it. I was not going to give into the thankfulness post, only because everyone is doing it. I don't want to do something on my blog, just because it's the thing to do. I like to do things and post things for the sole purpose of them meaning something to me. One night recently, I was sitting in my office chair...listening to Turning Page by Sleeping At Last, and somehow or another I started thinking of how awesome God is, and how much he has blessed me with. So, at last, I am giving in. I am thanking God for all of the wonder adventures and people he has currently circulating in my life. Here is my list:
God. I would have none of this if I hadn't laid down my life to trust Him and His purpose. I trust Him to bring the people he needs to me witness to. I trust Him to tell me when I need to change something. I trust Him to help me shop. I trust Him for ideas. I trust Him for every area of my life I can possibly trust Him in.
My Husband. Joel and I are newlyweds, and have only been married for 5 months now. Being a newlywed sets you on a whole new adventure. We are in our 20's, both seeking our careers and purpose in life. We are also seeking to get to know each other on a deeper level. And on top of all of that, we are having fun, being young and in love.
My Dog. I rescued my dog Teddy 3 years ago. I cannot describe what he means to me. I believe that God specifically led me to him, and even helped me think of the name. I was on my way to the animal shelter and the name Teddy came to me. I remember thinking, oh no, what kind of name is Teddy for a dog! As soon as I saw Him, some how it fit. I still can't describe how.

My Tiny Family. Last year my dad passed away around this time, and the Holidays are starting to get harder as we come closer to the day he passed. Now all that's left of my immediate family is my mom, my brother &sister-n-law, and my grandma. And Teddy. Since my dad's passing, I have come to realize how important it is to take advantage of the time you have with the ones you love. I also have a new family to get to know, which I'm still trying to work on. I've never had a big family, so I'm still not used to the idea, but I'm lucky to have them.
My Camera. Ever since 9th grade photography class I have wanted a nice SLR camera. I always said I would wait until I was older, assuming that being older meant I would automatically have plenty of extra money to spare. Well, I am older. I have more money than I did went I was 14, but not extra cash laying around. Even so, I convinced my husband it was now or never to invest. We are pleased with the outcome our camera has brought us.

Blogging. I started blogging when I was 18, but since I made the switch to Blogspot I have made so many new friends, and expanded my blogging experience. I am thankful for all of you. I am especially pleased with the amount of Christian bloggers I have found. I've talked to some of you from Australia, California, and various places around the world. I am happy to be apart of the blogging community.
Starbucks. White Chocolate Mocha has taken on a whole new meaning this fall.

The Family I help. I have helped one family for 3 years now. I love them, they are a perfect fit for me. I have learned how to be a parent one day, how to react in a lot of situations, and how to be positive. I also discovered of a lot of things I didn't know I could do. For example, use a power drill. I am officially the designated hook, frame, and calendar hanger.
Baking. Baking is my thing. Over the years I have branched out and tried to new things, discovering I actually might be on to something. Bakery?
My Brother. I know I mentioned him under family, but how many people can say they are related to a well-known tattoo artist in New york? He is a positive person, always moving forward and looking ahead, not behind. He is successful, with a beautiful wife and house. He laid a lot of stepping stones for me growing up, which brought me to the ideals and places I have brought myself today. Convincing mom to buy me an iMac is one of them. I would still be stuck with a PC if not for him.
Trains. My dad worked for Amtrak his whole life. I grew up riding on trains, and walking on tracks. When a train passes by, I think of him.

My iphone. Who wouldn't be?

4 comments :

  1. <3<3<3 thankful to have a sister like YOU, Kaytee. this is our first official thanksgiving as family, and i already love you a ton. God is so kind to give my brother such a wonderful, amazing, beautiful wife. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. We are thankful for you too Kaytee, and our new brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really beautiful post. Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about my dog, Sophie! I feel that god led her to me too. She was on the street all dirty and hungry and I saved her :] There was no sign at all of anyone looking for her, so I got to keep her in the long run.
    http://mariahheartsyoursoul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete