Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Washington, DC

I took an unintentional break from the computer during Christmas break until today. I figured it was finally time to get off my lazy streak and update my blog. I have a few drafts up my sleeve coming soon. Things I probably should have done days ago, but plan to see things like: 2011 a year in recap, my New Year's resolution list, and....I forgot the other one. Basically all the things you're expected to post when New Year's hits. Only, I'm not posting them because it's the thing to do, I have written these post because I have something to say in each. Which you will have to wait and read when they are posted. A reason to come back? I think so. In the mean time, below are a few pictures of my trip to Washington, DC this past Friday. Friday was a hard day for me. It marked the 1 year of my father dying, and I needed to get out of the house. I still cried, but it helped take my mind off the underlying topic of the day. We ended up getting there a little late in the day, so we didn't get to do everything we wanted, but we covered most of the things on the list. I googled around and checked out other blogs and made a scavenger list of things I wanted to do. Here is my list: 
1. eat pizza at 7th Hill Pizza. we also tried the Nutella Bread....IT. WAS. AMAZING.
2. see the White House
3. see the Lincoln Memorial
4. visit Georgetown Cupcakes and try a cupcake. the first picture is of the ridiculously long line 
5. see the Capitol Hill area 

1 comment :