Sunday, February 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe has taken me a long way over the years. It's one of my very special, but also personal recipes, and since I have been sharing so many in my book, I didn't want to leave this one out. I'm not a huge peanut butter fan, but somehow these cookies manage to make the peanut butter actually enjoyable. If you are a pb fan, feel free to add a more for the taste. 

You Will Need:
1/2 creamy peanut butter 
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 stick of butter, softened
1 egg 
1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
pinch of salt
dash of vanilla
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375
Measure you peanut butter and sugars, then toss into a medium-bowl with your butter. Mix well, then add 1 egg. Add your salt and vanilla, mix. Measure your flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix batter until white is gone. Add your chocolate chips and then make small to medium size balls onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown 

2 comments :

  1. My favorite cookies ever, I will try this recipe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete