Sunday, July 22, 2012

Maria's Swedish Chicken

I mentioned this recipe in my previous post, and I decided to post the how-to. This recipe is not my own, it belongs to my dear friend Maria from Sweden. I met Maria through working close to each other, and we became good friends. She is now in Sweden, so I only see her maybe once a year and I miss her dearly! Before Maria left to go back to Sweden her first time, we made this recipe together. It was a little difficult to make because we had to convert the ingredients, but here is a basic recipe for this dish. I call it "Swedish Chicken."

Coat an oven safe dish with pam and preheat your oven to 400. 
Place thin boneless skinless chicken breast in the dish. 
In a separate bowl add fresh thyme, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup heavy cream, a dash of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Mix the sauce and pour over chicken in the dish. 
Sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese and place a thyme twig on top to garnish 
Cook chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until it is no longer pink 
Let dish cool before serving 

I served it with homemade mash potatoes and broccoli 

Photobucket

7 comments :

  1. This sounds absolutely freakin' delicious - I am a fan of chicken recipes (I find chicken feels lighter and easier to eat than other meats) and this sounds fantastic, thank you thank you for sharing!


    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog's design so much! This looks cool, I love chicken recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! Yayyyy! Check out my post for more information. Can't wait to see your answers!
    ( http://younggeorgialove.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award-part-two.html )
    Love and Luck,
    Jessie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm!!! sounds delicious. i haven't made chicken in forever - i should try this1

    <3 katherine
    crave jewelry necklace giveaway // of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog! It's so cute!:) I'd love it if we followed each other!

    Shelby xoxo
    shelbychasingbirdies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete