Thursday, August 9, 2012

a new season

There is a new season unfolding in my life. I have worked at the same place for 4 years this October, and I have finally felt the okay from God to move on. This job was my first job, and I got it right out of high school. It has been my life for the last 4 years, and I have loved every minute of it. I looked forward to going to work, and often got excited about going into work on special occasions. When I took this job, I knew it would be temporary, but I waited on God to tell me when to take the next step. A few months ago, I felt God tell me it was time. I got really excited, but also a little emotional. You see, I have been a nanny to 3 kids the last 4 years, and I got really attached to them. I looked forward to going into work to make our pumpkin calendar every October, and creating a Gingerbread hunt for the kids every Christmas. I felt God prepare me to move on by the end of September, which is also when Joel and I will be moving out of our current place. Two big changes in one month! Our goal is to buy a house in the next couple of years that we can renovate and make our own. With all of these new changes going on, I have been trying new recipes, new outfits, new nail art, a lot of "new." I also started a "new" project that I bought at Goodwill. For about a year now I have been trying to decide what to do for a night stand for Joel and I, and I finally found something I could use at Goodwill. I am painting it white, and I will post a before & after once it's completed. On top of all of that, Joel and I both are jump-starting our careers and following our dreams. When I finish my current job at the end of September, I will be a full-time photographer. Exciting! I'm sure I will do other things on top of that, but I feel so blessed having the opportunity to drop everything and purse my dreams. It's hard to decide on one career for the rest of my life, so I plan to do a little of everything. I love photography, but I also love baking, wedding/party planning, art, and redoing furniture! I also love painting (rooms) but I could never do that as a career, too much hard work and not enough creativity. 

Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Praying blessings for you on your new season in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all of the NEW! I know you will be a fantastic photographer!

    -Sydney

    ReplyDelete