Friday, August 3, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been searching for my PERFECT chocolate chip cookie recipe, and until recently, I've had absolutely no luck in the search. Over the years I have tried a bunch of different ways to make chocolate chip cookies, but after finding this one recipe, I will never, ever go back or make them a different way. This recipe is my new favorite and it's here to stay. I found this particular recipe on the 80 Breakfasts blog

1 cup salted butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips


Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy
Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and completely combined. 
Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until everything is fully incorporated.
Add in your semi-sweet chocolate chips and store your dough in the refrigerator for 24 hrs 
When baking the cookies, preheat your oven to 360 degrees and drop small rounds of dough onto a greased baking sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. 
Let cookies cool at least 5 minutes before serving. 


Photobucket

4 comments :

  1. I am on the quest to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie. You may have just saved my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is better than a plate of chocolate chip cookies. How yum! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/08/sweets-for-saturday-80.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. RECIPE TRADE! :) haha thanks for the sweet comment! I totally want to make these, yummm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written!


    Feel free to visit my blog firdous lawn online store

    ReplyDelete