Thursday, August 9, 2012

Morehead City

As I mentioned in this post, Joel and I went to Morehead City, NC a few weeks ago in July. Fortunately, our timeshare week fell directly on our 1 year anniversary. Unfortunately, because this place was my dad's. I mentioned all of this in the post I mentioned earlier, so I won't go into detail, but to narrow it down, I did great. I hadn't been back to this place since my dad died, and I really enjoyed myself. I only cried a few times, and I was able to make happy new memories. My dad wanted to be cremated, so Joel and I took the last night of our trip to spread his ashes over the sea. I hadn't planned on putting any in the sand, but when we got there, I decided to make a small memorial so I could have somewhere to go back to each year and remember. // The first pictures are of one of my favorite places in the world, Beaufort, NC. The movie A Walk to Remember was based on this place, it's such a beautiful old town.


Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. such beautiful photos! i hope you had a good time on your vacation. so very sorry about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a beautiful places - so peaceful and pretty. and so sorry about your dad :( it's gotta be hard to go back to a place full of such memories - but always keep in mind that he would be happy you went back and thought of him, but made new memories that are happy to! such a sweet place to visit and have your anniversary at

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete