Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

So I already put out a warning that this month would be crazy, and well, it is. Really crazy. I wake up, go paint, come home, shower, sleep, and I barely have time to eat! I have been spending way more money on food than I want to this month. On top of being busy, I haven't had a computer OR internet, but I'm back! For the time being. I've stacked up a few things (a very few things) from the last few days of my life starting with these chocolate chip pancakes I made. Oliver decided to sit right next to the pancakes I was snapping pictures of, so I got a shot of him in there too. 
1/2 cup heavy cream 
1/2 cup milk 
3 tblspn butter 
1 egg
dash of vanilla 
1 1/4 cup flour 
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt 
1 tblspn of sugar 
semi-sweet chocolate chips 

over medium-low heat pour in heavy cream, milk, and butter. Let melt until slightly simmering and remove from heat. Let cool 5 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla. Then add your flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Pour in chocolate chips according to taste. 
Spray a skillet and heat over medium-high. Pour a small amount of batter into the pan and cook until the edges begin to round. Flip over, and cook until golden brown. Let cool, then serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar. 

Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. those look delicious. :)
    i'll definitely be making those soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolate chip pancakes are my favorite! Excited to give your recipe a try sometimes. We've always used mini-chips though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can never go wrong with chocolate chip pancakes and a kitty! great way to start the morning :-)

    ReplyDelete