Sunday, September 9, 2012

Night Stand Before & After

For the past few years I have had a wood night stand that gets ruined with any little thing you put on it, especially a drink. The top is completely ruined with water marks and oil spills (scented oils for your room). I found this table at Goodwill, so I redid this one and I'm using this one while I redo the first one I had, which will become my husbands. Thankfully. I hate that we don't both have a place to keep our books, etc. So a few things I learned while redoing this table: be sure to sand it, and sand it well. Don't get lazy// sometimes tables like these could really use a coat of spray paint to prime it, which really makes your job a whole lot easier// be sure your new hardware fits the hole of the old hardware. 
The before and after picture is a little unfair because the before was taken with my iphone, and the after was taken with my SLR.....yeah.
When I went shopping for a new knob, I went to Anthropologie first and foremost. The vintage blue + white is what I had in mind for this table, but I'm a sucker for gold dipped objects, so I had to have the one below. I got both, but of course my husband thought I was crazy for not picking the blue + white knob, so I'm using the blue/white for this project, and the gold dipped knob is going on to do bigger & better things. Aka, using it for my new desk. 
Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. Anthropologie has some of teh prettiest knobs! Love the redo.

    -Amy
    http://theblankpagesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA, you're a master at this! Seriously, great great job.

    ReplyDelete