Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

Several years ago, I was at my grandmother's house in North Carolina, and I came across this recipe in a children's newspaper. I have always been a baker, but when I found this recipe I was in the mood to try new things, so I kept it. I had kept the recipe all these years, but I never tried it! I would think about it often, or see it in passing when skimming through my cookbook. I made these today, and they are amazing! So good! Even Joel loved them, and he isn't too big on pumpkin. They seriously are delicious. I made the recipe into my own, because like I said, the one I found was more directed for children. I added some flavor and changed a few ingredients. 

Preheat oven to 350 

1 cup white sugar 
1/2 cup of butter, melted  
1 cup canned pumpkin puree 
2 eggs 
1 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour 
1/2 baking soda 
1/2 baking powder 
1/2 tsp of salt 
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice 
1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips 

In a medium bowl, combine sugar and butter and blend with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add in all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder/soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Once mixture is combined, add the chocolate chips. Pour evenly into a cupcake pan and bake for 18-25 minutes. 
Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment