Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Milkshake

I made this milkshake last year, and I actually really liked it! Pumpkin Milkshakes seemed to really become a hit last year, and I didn't know what all the buzz was about. I thought the sound of pumpkin in a milkshake sounded kind of odd, then I tried it. So good! I think the spices really make the milkshake. You can add whipped cream if you like it, I don't prefer it, so I left mine without it. 
1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
dash of heavy cream 
1/2 cup of milk (more as needed) 
dash of vanilla 
2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice 
1 tsp of brown sugar 
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream 
cinnamon for topping (optional) 
whipped cream for topping (optional)

In a blender, add your pumpkin, milk, heavy cream, vanilla, ice cream, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar. Blend together until well combined. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more milk and blend again. Pour into desired glass and top with cinnamon or whipped cream.  
Photobucket

7 comments :

  1. This sounds like the perfect fall treat :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love all your recipes. The photography is beautiful and each one sounds so yummy.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so gooooood! i def have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kaytee! Just wanted to drop a line and let you know about my $50 shabby apple giveaway - hope you enter!
    http://www.anticipationblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/shabby-apple-giveaway.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! your recipes are so beautiful! Why can't I take gorgeous food pictures?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious! All of your pumpkin inspired recipes look amazing!

    xxx Sabrina
    http://bbutterflybrain.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete