Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Butter

Every fall I go to the market and buy Pumpkin Spice Butter by Country Crock. A few days ago I went to make my annual butter trip, and they didn't have it! I asked when they would be getting it in, and they said not for a few more weeks. A few more weeks?! But it's fall NOW! It's time to start eating pumpkin things now, not halfway through fall. My trip inspired me to make my own recipe for it. It's really good! I honestly don't think I need to buy the Country Crock brand ever again, as long as I have this and a bagel, that's all I need. 
Pumpkin Spice Butter
1 stick butter, softened 
1/4 cup pumpkin puree 
3 tblspn white sugar 
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (homemade
Dash of vanilla extract  

Soften butter without melting, and mix with white sugar under a mixer until fluffy. Add the brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree. Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined and taste test with your finger to insure it's sweet enough. (You don't want it too sweet, but a little sweet). 

Spread over desired bread. I like to use english muffins lightly toasted or brown sugar cinnamon bagels lightly toasted. 
Photobucket

6 comments :

  1. This looks good! I've always wanted to make some but I don't really know what to use it for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, this sounds amazing! Just might have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original as recipe(takings)! I am French. Good evening

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! You should also try the pumpkin bagels at Panera Bread :) They are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh my, this looks heavenly! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! So nice to meet you today :)

    ReplyDelete