Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

Last night Joel and I started carving a few of our many pumpkins (will be carving more tonight). This year I saved the seeds and used them to make toasted pumpkin seeds. These are wonderful for salads, or even just to snack on! They taste like popcorn and sunflower seeds combined. Yum! 

olive oil 
salt 
cinnamon 
pumpkin seeds 

Separate the insides of the pumpkin from the seeds (I did this step by hand, easiest way I could find). Using a strainer, run the seeds under cold water. Bring a medium pan to boil and place the seeds inside, boiling for 25 minutes. 
Once the seeds are done boiling, preheat your oven to 400. Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet, add your seeds, and drizzle oil over the seeds to lightly coat. Sprinkle salt and cinnamon to cover, then bake for 25 minutes. Pull them out of the oven and let them cool, then serve by themselves or as a topping. 
Photobucket

4 comments :

  1. Mhmm these look really good! Will have to try this one day!


    xxx Sabrina
    http://bbutterflybrain.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought to add cinnamon before! I'll have to recommend that to my house mates when we toast our pumpkin seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kaytee, your recepies make me want to go and buy all the ingredients and make food three o'clock at night. And all of your pumpkin recepies are saved on paper. =) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We carved our pumpkins on Sunday and roasted the pumpkin seeds too. I just posted our recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds on my blog yesterday. You can check it out here: http://www.love-laurie.com/2012/10/pumpkin-carving-and-roasted-pumpkin.html

    ReplyDelete