Friday, June 21, 2013

KITCHEN MUST HAVES

As I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, I've come to realize the importance of certain things to make my life as a cook much easier. Over the last few months, I have found a few items that I have noted onto my mental wish list, and would like to note them here as well so I don't forget. Each item serves it's own purpose and point. 

KitchenAid- No, I don't have one like everyone else in the world. One day! & I will love baking with it. 

Citrus Squeezer- I got to use one of these while in New York at my brothers, ugh, gone will be the days of rolling the fruit and squeezing the life out of it with my poor bare hands. Especially when I have a cut.... 

Food Processor- I have the smallest food processor you could ever find. Sometimes I have to divide whatever it is I'm making, just to fit it all into the container. That is NOT ok! I need a large, normal sized, food processor for when I'm making salsa and other kinds of goodies! 

Zester-I use a grater right now when I am trying to zest something, let me just tell you, it's not pretty. Not to mention scary! 

Strawberry Huller- This is one of those things that one the rare occasion I use strawberries (like in June when they are in season), I need something to make it easier when trying to remove the stems. I've tried plucking them, I've tried the spoon method, I've even tried cutting them out. It just doesn't work. It's hard, and it's not perfect. I need perfectly hulled strawberries! 

Molcajete- I don't even know how to pronounce this word, but I do know that it would make my life easier when trying to mince garlic or mix a few things together, or serve salsa to guest! 

Pizza Stone- There is nothing wrong with a baking sheet, but there is also nothing like pizza on a Pizza Stone! 

Avocado Slicer- Up until recently, slicing an avocado to make guacamole was about the hardest thing I could possible encounter in the kitchen. Then I learned the right way to slice an avocado, which makes it one hundred times easier, but an avocado slicer would still be nice to make the job even easier! 

Thermometer- When I'm frying things and cooking with oil, it would be nice to have a thermometer that reads above 200 degrees! 

1 comment :

  1. I didn't even know an avocado slicer was a thing ha! What exactly is the right way to cut one? I'd be interested to know too :) E and I have a mixer on our to-buy list....we always want to bake amazing things and then remember we can't because all we have is a whisk. In time....

    ReplyDelete